Join Our Team! Our Home is accepting applications for a Part-time Fiscal Manager – Deadline to apply is October 15th.
We are seeking an individual with proficiency in accounting practices and payroll, office management, and computer applications QuickBooks, Excel, and Word. A successful candidate will have good communication skills, will be a self-starter, and will be able to work well with the agency’s director and with the coordinators of Our Home’s programs.
Our Home is a private non-profit organization with a number of programs that provide assistance to people with various types of needs, including services for victims of domestic violence, emergency financial assistance for income eligible individuals, and supervised visitation services. The organization receives grant funding with specific record-keeping and reporting requirements; Our Home also partners with churches and other local organizations and individuals who support the agency with donations.
The position will average 15-20 hours per week and is ideal for a qualified person who is particularly seeking part-time employment.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintaining fiscal records of the agency – payroll, grants, taxes, and all other accounting duties,
- Making payments for and maintaining records of client assistance,
- Preparing necessary reports for budgets and grants,
- Providing financial information for Board of Directors, as needed,
- Collaborating with agency director and other staff
To Apply: Send a cover letter with your resume to email@example.com by October 15, 2018. In the cover letter, explain your interest in the position and your qualifications.
Job Type: Part Time
Experience/Certification Required: Minimum associate degree in accounting or related field with knowledge of computer applications QuickBooks, Excel, and Word. Work experience in accounting and secretarial practice required; experience with federal grants preferred.
- Understanding of accounting practices and QuickBooks software
- Ability to manage federal grant requirements
- Attention to detail and accuracy; strong organizational skills
- High degree of comfort with computer use, emails, and application software
- Professionalism and respect for confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Patience and willingness to work with others on projects
Qualifications: Background check required before hire; confidentiality agreement.
Education Level: Associate’s Degree, or higher
Career Level: Experienced
Salary/Benefits: Competitive wages and benefits, including holiday pay, vacation pay, sick leave.
Notes: Our Home Family Resource Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.